A Modern Day Mystic
Cindy’s gift as a yoga teacher and energy worker comes from her understanding of the inner struggles that we all go through. Working through her own insecurities and feelings of unworthiness, she knows the light and she knows the shadow all too well. Cindy understand’s the language of both consciousness and the ego and has a knack for helping others navigate through their mud. As a wise one said:
“No Mud, No Lotus” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
Cindy loves helping others work through body, mind, energy and heart as a way toward the unfoldment of their own consciousness and bliss.
- Born in Peru, she feels the wisdom of her indigenous ancestors and how they related to nature.. which probably explains her love for all that is nature, ritual and ceremony.
- Her favorite sound is her son playing the piano. Her second favorite sound is the hoot of the owls outside her window.
- Loves to go out Salsa dancing with her husband! They have been dancing for over 15 years.
- Loves to travel!! Two of her favorite places are the Sacred Valley and the jungle of Peru.
- Is a bit of a spiritual junkie and has worked with many shamans, healers, mystics and yogis.
- Besides yoga, her favorite exercise is running in the woods on nature trails.
- One of her favorite books is “Women Who Run With the Wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, which has inspired her to unleash her own inner Wild Woman.
- Is a yoga therapeutics and alignment nerd.
Credentials (in no particular order):
- Became a Certified Hypnotherapist in 2001.
- Received her first yoga teacher training certificate in 2002 and received a 2nd one in 2010.
- Opened Sacred Garden Yoga in Marietta, GA which has been thriving since 2003.
- Became a Reiki Master some time in the early 2000’s and has received countless of attunements since then.
- Served as a lululemon ambassador in 2010/2011
- Voted best yoga instructor in the “Best Self Magazine Best of 2013 Contest.”
- Has lead several retreats to the mountains of N. Georgia, North Carolina, Costa Rica and Peru.
- Hosts a monthly gathering: “Women Rising- Unleashing Wild Woman,” where women gather to support each other in unleashing their intuitive and creative selves.
- Her latest venture is as principal trainer in Sacred Garden Yoga’s “Yoga of the Heart” yoga teacher training program.
Cindy aspires to empower others in finding joy, purpose, and complete well being in their lives!